Sandbagging will continue through the afternoon and also starting at 10 a.m. on Friday outside the Windom Arena.
Approximately 4,000 bags were completed during the morning shift!
Much of the work was completed by Windom students, who were bused over by the school district to assist with the effort. More volunteers are needed this afternoon!
Residents are advised to wear gloves, closed-toe shoes and proper clothing for the outdoor operation.
Once the first 15,000 bags are filled for city-related infrastructure (which is expected to wrap up sometime Friday) residents will be able to fill bags for their own property. About 10,000 bags are available for the public to use.
Find out more about why the City of Windom is a great place to live!
“The local streams vary from class 1 whitewater, to gentle
“Cottonwood County ranks about 20th among MN counties for bird species
“We have great friends who love and care for us. Some community members are like
“My family is young and we live in rural part of the county. We
“I just love the ability to walk and ride bike throughout the city.”
“I like that I can get to work in about 5 minutes or 1 song on my radio. :)”
Windom City Hall
Monday-Friday: 8am to 5pm
Windom City Hall
444 9th Street, P.O. Box 38
Windom, MN 56101-0038
- 3/22/19 Update – More Volunteers Needed Friday 3-7PMMarch 22, 2019 - 10:21 am
- 2019 Flood Sandbagging Update – More volunteers needed!March 21, 2019 - 1:04 pm
- 2019 Spring Flood Volunteers & DonationsMarch 21, 2019 - 12:48 pm
- ORDINANCE NO. 176, 2ND SERIESMarch 20, 2019 - 12:01 pm
- MN PFA Clean Water Land & Legacy – Wastewater Treatment Plant Project FundingJanuary 17, 2019 - 3:41 pm